Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Decent laser pointer

I'm after a decent and high powered pointer for teaching the kids. I've had eBay jobbies and they never live up to expectation and I believe most are under the stated power. Anyone got a powerful pointer they recommend ?

Please be aware of the laws regarding laser pointers seeing as you are close to manchester airport, i know what your saying about the cheap ebay ones, i got one and its "temperamental" to say the least 

Stu is right - keep them warm.

I've one from ebay and it is ok as long as I keep it in my pocket when not in use.

I too have to be a little careful - military helicopters love low level night flying (with no lights on) right over my house.

I bought this and am pretty happy with it: http://www.365astronomy.com/finderscope-5mw-green-laser-pointer-blackgold-colour-p-1506.html

+1 on keeping them in your pocket; they really don't like the cold.  I'd also recommend wrapping some PTFE (plumbers) tape around the thread on the battery cap because the cap can work itself loose.

Archived