Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

If u want to see a 6" Dob up close before buying...

tenbyfifty

If u don't have an astronomy store near you but want to see a 6" dob before buying I noticed jessops now

have them in store . Its a lot bigger than i imagined and even seems bigger than in youtube videos so if ur thinking of buying one i recommend seeing one in the flesh first. 

At an observing evening I saw a 6" dob and commented to the person that they looked a nice sensible size and easy to carry. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He wasn't impressed as it was an 8". :angry4: :angry4:

They didn't talk to me for the rest of the night. :grin: :grin:

It looked small to me, honest.

Interesting, thanks.

They offer some interesting finance too.  Online they say they'll price match any online store (i.e. the £3 cheaper from FLO for the 8" dob) and they do interest free financing (for 6 months, 16% interest if you pay over 2 years)- very useful for those who have problems saving up rather than spending... :blush:

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/products/skywatcher/skyliner-200p-telescope-alt-azimuth-mount-kit-89959/show.html

FLO or another decent online retailer would probably be a safer bet but some of us have personality flaws to deal with...

Ordered the Skywatcher Skyliner 200p dob from Jessops over Xmas. The low price, Xmas money burning a hole in my pocket for the deposit, plus finance options were too difficult to resist. Should be arriving tomorrow! :-)

Not bothered looking at the weather forecast...

My dad came over today and I showed him my 10" dob. He almost hit the floor when he saw it. I told him before hand that I had upgraded from the SLT but he couldn't believe the size of it even though he had seen a picture of it next to the SLT. He was even more amazed that considering its size, how light the OTA was. He figured it would have weighed an extra 20 lbs more than what it does.

Archived