Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light on the moon

SW130p

Hi all as an newbie since Xmas I got to view the moon for the first time. WOW I was blown away by the sight of it. I used the 25mm first and it was nice then I tried the 10mm and was getting excited, I then put in the 2x Barlow and nearly fell over,amazed by what I saw, the detail was fabulous.

I thought Jupiter was good.

I'm loving this new found hobby.

Cheers. Hong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff. Remember the Moon is best viewed when it is not full (it may not have been when you were looking at it). In other words, not fully lit, and there are shadows to enhance the views of craters/hills etc. There's so much more detail to pick out then.

Yes it wasn't full just crescent, the shadows do make it look more interesting. I also got to take a photo off it with my dslr attached, no motor drive I just micro turned the slow motion adjuster, turned out ok.post-33784-13890409345_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived