Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Time!

My Skywatcher 130p Heritage arrived today, set it up this afternoon with the red dot finder, everything seemed good!

I was looking forward to using it tonight, first scope I've ever had and first time I've even looked through a proper astronomy scope!

Picked my wife up from work and on the way home she saw the moon and pointed it out to me. I thought I'd look later, but couldn't wait so I opened the bathroom window, set up my scope and found the moon in a few seconds, amazing!!

I know you're not supposed to use them indoors but I couldn't wait!

Hopefully it will stay clear tonight so l can get some great views.

I'll set up outside after tea so can't wait!!

Well I managed to get about 45 minutes viewing, brilliant!

Spent most of the time looking at Jupiter, after a while definitely saw some banding! Moons looked great.

So very happy with my first scope, lots of learning coming up!!

I've just spent some time setting up the red dot finder properly on my 130p. Think I've got it sorted now! Good piece of kit.

I'll be out again tonight after watching Stargazing live, clear skies hopefully.

Well I managed to get about 45 minutes viewing, brilliant!

Spent most of the time looking at Jupiter, after a while definitely saw some banding! Moons looked great.

So very happy with my first scope, lots of learning coming up!!

Jupiter stunning isn't it.

Have you downloaded Stellarium yet? Free download for PC

Also if you haven't got it 'turn left at orion' is must. Got mine from Amazon

These have both really help me out being new to this.

Gray999.........Hi,  Nice report. If its works from within, then let it be, The only problems you would encounter is that at higher magnifications (lower  numbers on the eyepieces)  the higher magnification detects the thermal currents from within the telescope or the warm air your looking through as it leaves the bedroom window? I`d even try it with the Window closed if it saves any heat, especially on a bright subject like the Moon. Don't be tempted to balance it on a window ledge in-case it topples out  :mad:

Archived