SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars - 5th January 2014

dweller25

By chance I Woke up at 6:30am and incredibly it was clear, so quickly set up the scope for a look at Mars....

With seeing at AIV and Mars at just  7.1' arc seconds Mars is still not giving away much detail.

I watched from darkness to Sunrise hoping the brightening sky might improve the view -  but alas no.....

The strong Orange disk showed a still evident phase of 90% and a White Northern polar cap. The dark hood around the polar cap could just be seen. That's all folks !!

Observing details - Intes Micro 715 at x202, seeing AIV, Mars altitude 26', CM : 322', Diameter 7.1", Phase 90%, Temp 1'C, 0645UT to 0745UT

post-1055-0-10770400-1388918495.jpg

Ben, Mike, TingTing - thanks very much.

@Mike - Have you tried your Mak yet ?

@TingTing - It's a pencil drawing that I did at the eyepiece in rough and then did neatly indoors.

@Ben - A-IV is a measurement of the seeing condition, A-I being perfect and A-V being terrible.

Archived