NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ocular Set

I timed the arrival of the 32mm Panaview to co-inside with the atrocious weather were having, so that I cant wholly take the blame for my purchase, and the mythology that goes with buying new lenses?

This I think will be the final line-up, unless the BST 5mm and 15mm come my way at second hand prices. I'm sure the 5mm would get limited use, however, if they come very cheap, then it will complete the  BST set, but I'm very happy so far.

Woohoo!

I've been delighted with mine, probably my most used EP.

BTW, my daughter likes the "Pink" 12mm BST!

Cheers

..........Just had another look (maybe a clone!) I cant see it being a clone, and its definitely a darker  shade of red under natural lighting (almost burgundy)  :embarrassed:

This I think will be the final line-up, unless the BST 5mm and 15mm come my way at second hand prices. I'm sure the 5mm would get limited use, however, if they come very cheap, then it will complete the  BST set, but I'm very happy so far.

oops! TMB Planetary II 6mm ordered! 5mm BST off the list for now?

Hi Charic, that's an awesome line-up, should cover most things, the 32mm PanaView is very good and you will be pleased with that.  I said once that 'that's it' but it didn't stop there I am afraid, I then went on to the ES82's.

Hi Charic, that's an awesome line-up, should cover most things, the 32mm PanaView is very good and you will be pleased with that.  I said once that 'that's it' but it didn't stop there I am afraid, I then went on to the ES82's.

Robin.......Never say Never!  The ES's were one of my early choices, behind the Meade 4000s (JAPAN)  But I wanted to keep  to my guideline  prices. I lost my job when Nimrod was scrapped. You can buy many things with a few notes in the bank! but there are more important priorities and issues to attend. That said, I don't think any other telescope would have made any difference to what I have now,  and the things I can see from my  present location?  Not only that, another lens arrived, a TMB Planetary II 6mm from my normal retailer. This is due to my struggle (hopefully  just an issue with seeing conditions  and the recent weather system) but my struggle with the 2.5x + 8mm combination on Jupiter alone. So using my aperture as a limit for magnification, and the focal ratio for EP focal length, decided to buy the 6mm. My collection now looks like this  :smiley:

Hi Charic, the BST's are incredible eyepieces I have to admit, but have various ep's in your collection does vary the experience, I find this with the ES82's which I like very much, but the BST's are still my main-stays.

Archived