NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The best book ever?

mdstuart

I used to think "Turn Left..." was great too, then I found this book, and it's much, much better. More informative, more user friendly, more practical, but less expensive. Trust me, you will not be dissappointed. Our society is using it as the basis of our observing programme, and I would not leave home without it. And just to confirm, I have no connection with the publisher or anyone else involved in the book, so there.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Illustrated-Guide-Astronomical-Wonders-Observer/dp/0596526857/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200350939&sr=8-1

Cheers, Dave

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that link - I've ordered one too. Good price from Amazon. You can never have too many books is my motto...

As for 'Turn Left at Orion' - mine turned up recently and I have to say it is a fantastically easy to read book, perfect for a newbie like myself. As for it being expensive - I ordered via Amazon Marketplace and it cost £9.19 + delivery. As it's the hardback edition I think this is amazingly good value. It took a few weeks to arrive from the US, but I'm not in a great rush right now :wink:.

Thanks, also ordered that other one, for the boy.

Having GOTO takes the fun out of finding stuff I guess. Until it doesnt QUITE frame the object in the viewfinder of the camera, and then you are screwed.

TJ

Thanks for the heads up... will be ordering for amazon...

I've enjoyed learning / reading Turn left..so far, so hopefully the illustrated guide this will help with learning curve also!

Archived