Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fuzzy Blobs II

Freddie

For those that remember my early Dec "fuzzy blobs" post, this is the follow up from this morning.

Saturn was skimming the roof and tree tops at only 17 deg so didn't hold out much hope and as you can see, I was right !!!! Didn't bother with RGB so this is with the DBK.

post-7987-0-09884600-1388355795.jpg

Mars is only 36 deg so a little better but at only 15% the size of Jupiter on screen it is still tricky. Used RGB on this. Still not great but at least picked up some surface detail. As would be expected, the B was a real problem and I need to clean that up and recombine, but that will have to wait until the morning.

post-7987-0-55032500-1388355931.png

Thanks Stuart. I like a challenge so I'll keep going back to Saturn but I don't think we will see many good shots from the UK in 2014. Even with the IR filter I think the chances of a half decent shot are going to be few and far between. Mars will get much bigger and easier in the next few months though. Glad to see you are back on the move again.

Archived