Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Ashen Light.

alan potts

Thanks John,

I have to admit that I did not search the subject on site , then I wonder how many do anyway.  I googled it and found it has never been photographed, interesting.

The other interesing thing was reading your thread how many of the names there we do not see now.

Alan.

reading the information... found this only slightly 'amusing'...

considering the article is from 07 though...

quote:

"The discovery puts Venus in elite planetary company. Scientists currently know of only three other planetary bodies in the entire universe that generate lightning --- "

(my emphasis added!)

isn't it nice to be able to observe, in our lifespan, how quickly information/knowlege changes!        :)  

I spent a fair amount of time on Venus last night with two different scopes. Whilst I would not claim to have seen the Ashen Light I can understand how anyone would think they had, even with very good eyepieces the bright part of the globe plays tricks on the eye, which is only a little light scatter.

Alan.

Archived