NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

4.7mm Ethos

alan potts

4.7mm is a bit on the high power side for me, I am thinking of swapping my 3-6mm Nagler zoom for this very reason for a 6mm Delos, but I am sure at some point I will get a second scope that does not have as greater focal length, thus I might regret it.

I have both the zoom and the 6mm Delos.The Delos wins hands down,but that zoom is so handy...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4.7mm is a bit on the high power side for me, I am thinking of swapping my 3-6mm Nagler zoom for this very reason for a 6mm Delos, but I am sure at some point I will get a second scope that does not have as greater focal length, thus I might regret it.

LOL - the irony ...I'm ordering the Delos 6mm soon...ta ta ta ta tta!!! :D You can come over for a test :)

I don't remember where I read this. But there was a comparison between Ethos 13mm and Delos 14mm. The guy concluded that both were impressive, however, the Delos showed more neutral colour and less fringe kidney beans. Well, I'm thinking probably bigger FOV will show more of the eyepiece imperfection. I wonder if anybody compared the 13mm Ethos with the 14mm Explore Scientific...

I definitely will, at very least for your sake, Alan. I know you're keen to know how they perform (as am I, actually).

Will hopefully get a good chance to give it a run whilst you've got the chance to pick it up at a reduced price.

Aaron

Just out of curiousity,with all this buying, selling, & trading why don't some try an Ethos to see how they are?Some have and seem to love them.The ES 18mm held its own,in a couple of brief comparisons I made,so far the conlcusion is for me anyway-no need to spend money on the 16mm Nagler.The 17mm Ethos is better than them both,but this is to be expected.The 4.7mm Ethos should be brilliant as well,with a nice wide view for manual scope users.

Haven't used a Delos but am keen to do so. I have to say though, I think the 13mm Ethos is an extraordinary EP. The Delos must be pretty darn good to better it!

Here is an Ethos 13 / Delos 14 comparison from one of our members earlier this year:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/182067-ethos-vs-delos/

I have 4 Ethos now - 21mm, 13mm, 8mm and 6mm and think they are superb  :grin:

Emad,

I bashed out a report on the 13mm E and the 14mm Delos, it is on site in equipment reviews I believe a few months back.  I also had the Pentax XW in the same report for a while but the buyer collected it before I had finished the research.

The 14mm Delos is a super eyepiece, one of my favourites in the LX for planetary views.

Alan.

Emad,

I bashed out a report on the 13mm E and the 14mm Delos, it is on site in equipment reviews I believe a few months back.  I also had the Pentax XW in the same report for a while but the buyer collected it before I had finished the research.

The 14mm Delos is a super eyepiece, one of my favourites in the LX for planetary views.

Alan.

Sorry Alan, couldn't find it... :(

Archived