Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Life on the forum - a thank you

kerrylewis

This was the first forum I came across & I've certainly benefited from all the help I've gained from here, even though I have an empty bank balance lol. I went to my first star party SGL7 & thoroughly enjoyed it plus made a few friends too, I was always made to feel welcome when I were there & the breakfasts are awesome as well as the hog roast :p .

Hope to see you at SGL9.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to agree with Kerry, although I am just starting out here, I already really appreciate the advice and wisdom dispensed here, direct or otherwise. I too live in Northamptonshire just a few miles from Northampton and would also be interested in any local dark skies events and tips of where best to observe locally.

Mikey.

lovely words kerry and i couldnt agree more, i sometimes wonder would i still be doing stargazing if it wasnt for sgl, there is no one on here that i can say i dont like well there is piggy only messing shaun :grin: . like you say, the mods team are great and every one helps out, this is the place to be and i think we all love it, what a great little family :cool: :cool:

Have to agree with Kerry, although I am just starting out here, I already really appreciate the advice and wisdom dispensed here, direct or otherwise. I too live in Northamptonshire just a few miles from Northampton and would also be interested in any local dark skies events and tips of where best to observe locally.

Mikey.

My apologies if I appear to be hijacking the thread If weather permits we generally go to a dark with the Central Midlands Stargazers if you join up you'd be more than welcome to come along. I can't give details where we go on here as it's on private land but they do give us permission to go on there.

Archived