Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron C8 questions?

Yes it did.

If you're getting it new I'm sure you could ask FLO which it uses, and if it has the 1.25" visual back you could ask for the 2" one instead :).

An 8" should perform nicely, exactly in-between your 6" frac which it is replacing and your 10" dob ;)

I prefer using a push-fit 2" diagonal with a 2" visual back that I got for a few tenners. The advantage is that I can use the diagonals I have in my SCT and my 80mm APO. Furthermore, it allows me to fit a Vixen flip-mirror to the scope. I can now fit either a 2" Amici prism or the Denkmeier filter-switch diagonal to the scope very easily. Adding a 2" visual back was the best upgrade I made to the scope.

My C11 came with a 1.25 Diagonal purchased in the last couple of months, have changed to a Revelation 2", upgraded the stock focuser with a Feathertouch would be my best improvement, last bit of kit a Astrozap Dew Shield with a built in heater worked a treat last time i used the scope... 

My C11 came with a 1.25 Diagonal purchased in the last couple of months, have changed to a Revelation 2", upgraded the stock focuser with a Feathertouch would be my best improvement, last bit of kit a Astrozap Dew Shield with a built in heater worked a treat last time i used the scope... 

With the C11 the first thing I realized was the need for a smoother focuser. I bought the revelation SuperFocus and that made a lot of difference. But mine came with a 2" visual back...

I thought about a focuser that just attached to the back plate so the scope would still have the original plus the add-on, then decided the feathertouch would be nice plus not losing and focal distance (inward travel)  through the new focuser. the feathertouch from FLO is cheaper than the add-on Badder steeltrack, less than 5 minutes to fit......

Archived