Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Photoshop special offer till 8th Dec

SplintUK

I happen to use the monthly subscription single app 'creative cloud' subscription to buy my photoshop, and I happened to notice they suddenly started charging me (my company) VAT. That led me to looking at their site and seeing this offer https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom which ends on the 8th december, where you get both Photoshop CC (latest version) and Lightbox for £8.78 per month (you have to commit to the year). About half of what I was paying. 

I then went onto the online customer services chat and (eventually) a very friendly guy said he would cancel my existing subscription  with no charge so I could take the offer. Very nice of him

So if any of you are not subscribing and think that under £9 a month is worth it, then click the link. If you are already subscribing, just call or click their Customer services team and ask nicely ;-) 

Doesn't make up for the disappointment of Ison burning up, but it does save £100 so that you can spend it on other astro gear ;-) 

Cheers

Dan

It's the full version, and from memory you can install on as many machines as you like but only have it active on 2 at any given time.

Dunno about stacking, it's not really astro software so I doubt it but no doubt someone on here will know if it's possible.

I tend to use nebulosity to stack then ps for curves levels etc.

I'm just trying to swap over now.. via online chat...

Being transferred to the customer service team online...

Suprise Suprise - theres a Queue...

Got through the queue...

Hopefully get it sorted

Taking a while... but you can swap and save money... :)

At the moment the CC single app plan cancels on the 9/12/13 aand at the moment it sasy I will have free membership ... that would be nice :)

All Done and Dusted :)

Cheers for the heads up Dan :)

I suspect it doesn't. I've just had a quick play and it did some nice things on the press of an "auto" button, but there was no granular control (that I found yet) such as levels or curves.  The advantage of this offer is only against the normal price of full photoshop which is roughly double, and Lightroom is freebie extra sweetener.  In the end I think most people come to the conclusion that getting a full copy of photoshop is inevitable, it's just how you buy or source it that becomes the question. This way is about £100 a year, which is a lot cheaper than buying outright, and lets you play on 2 computers at a time (good if you're on both Mac and PC like me). 

It's worth noting when you install Photoshop CC that the 32 bit version is put onto the desktop NOT the 64 bit. So if you have a 64bit system and plugins from CS6 or earlier they need to be put into the 64bit and 32bit plug-in folders and then run the 64bit version from the Start menu. It took me more than a few minutes to figure out why I couldn't see my plug-ins after I'd installed them into the 64-bit folder, it was because I was running the 32bit version of Photoshop CC from the desktop lol

• 2 months later...

is it really worth £100 over 1 year ?

Yes. If you want photoshop, don't want to 'steal' it, and don't fancy paying £500 upwards up front, then yes it's worth it. Plus with renting it you can have it on multiple (2 I think) computers (mac and pc) for the same cost, and it you get the updated versions included.

It is, of course up to everyone to make their own value decisions, but since I do subscribe myself, I must think its worth it.

I currently have the trial version along with lightroom, (I have the older CS3 and Lightroom 3 already) but at £8 pm it seems like a no-brainer good value considering the upfront price of £600/700. I think its psychological, if it was £10.99 I would be humming and ahhring though  :grin:

I also like trying and comparing some of the other adobe packages but I'll probably only go for Photoshop as I have other software such as Final Cut Pro, Motion 5 etc

Edit: I like the rental model but it depends on getting the price right (at this price I'm happy) but what would be cool would be if some of the other big software packages that I may wish to use once in a blue moon would do one off monthly rentals so you only pay when you need it e.g. perhaps a couple of times a year

In this Adobe Creative Cloud rental package you get far more than just Photoshop.

You have  ready to download and use:- Lightroom 5

Bridge

Edge Animate

Edge Code

Edge Inspect

Edge Reflow

Exchange Panel

Extendscript Toolkit

Extension Manager

Gaming SDK 1.3

Scout

Touch App Plugins

And 14 other applications as Trial Versions

I personally think this is exceptional value when you considering CS6 alone costs more than £600 to buy.

Mike

Archived