Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Jupiter of the season, and more...

JamesF

Sweet captures James the detail is excellent for a 5" scope. Given me an idea might get my 127 out in the next few weeks as i wont be able to carry the Dob for some time.

Speedy Recovery Stuart

Always liked looking at your 5" Mak shots. Surprisingly powerful beasts for there size

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh Real Life, I try to avoid it like the plaque :evil:

Just Kidding

Yeah I was looking at Saturday. Its really not good at the moment. I get amazed how long The UK weather can mess up our plans I really do.

Look forward  to seeing the Celestron in on the action James When you have time.

I have been "home alone" today, so I sneaked off work at lunchtime, set up the NEQ6 and sorted the polar scope alignment.  Then I put the C9.25 on top and covered the lot with a waterproof cover.  I think now I just need to sort a finderscope and I could well be good to go this weekend.  I've set it up on the side of the house that faces northeast and my horizon is mostly clear that way so I should be able to start imaging pretty much as soon as Jupiter appears.  Hopefully that will give me time to get any problems ironed out whilst it's still relatively low in the sky.  My only concern is that there's an ash tree that might get in the way.  I can't check that without a bit of clear sky though.

James

Speedy Recovery Stuart

Always liked looking at your 5" Mak shots. Surprisingly powerful beasts for there size

Thanks Neil! I reckon the extra sensitive cmos cams have given these little scopes some extra punch.

Good to see you've finally got that 9.25 mounted James. No pressure but expecting some top images from you judging by what you've been extracting from the 127. :smiley:

Archived