Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun in Ha yesterday.

ollypenrice

Michael, I have been very pleased with mine and would recommend one to anyone with an interest.  As you have a Lunt 35 you will already know that the quality of these scopes is good and they do deliver.

I have to say though, that when I bought the double stack Etalon, I was initially less than impressed, it showed how small the sweet spot was until it was rotated to exactly the right place and tuned just right.  Actually I have to tune it slightly off to flatten the contrast.  I think my expectations exceeded what the product could deliver and a few more notes on how to tune and set up a double stack would have been handy.  I am sure this is something everyone has to go through.  Now that I have got it right I can get some great views, but it took a bit of getting there.

To help getting the DS rotated correctly I bought one of these:

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/de/products_id/4295

It is a rotator for a focuser, but uses the same thread (M90) as the front mounted Etalon.  Sorry the page is only in German, the English page doesn't have any details.  With this I can keep my DS on permanently and in the same place, so it is always set up correctly, or quickly remove it and put it back in the same place.

Robin

Archived