Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC 1805 / Merlotte 15 in Ha

x6gas

Some lovely images of IC 1805 / Merlotte 15 on here lately.  It's favourable in the sky so here's my attempt.

I've been struggling with my guiding and still had some trouble with the Dec axis on this.  But since this was really a shake down session I was quite pleased to get anything!

This is 12 x 1200s of Ha.

Scope: Takahashi FSQ85EDX

Mount: CGEM DX

Camera: Atik 490ex

Guiding: IMG0H; Atik OAG; PHD

Thanks for looking, Ian

post-11821-0-54110800-1385324522_thumb.p

Thanks Dave.  Yes, planning on a full Hubble on this.

I deliberately centred on Melotte 15, but as it happens I wish that I had framed up a little to the right... but then I couldn't have got the whole heart in anyway (perhaps I should have tried the 383L instead of the 490...)

Clear skies.

Just playing with this data and decided to see what I could do with Melotte 15 (not Merlotte as in the title - apologies for the typo!)

For an 85mm scope I am happy with this, though I am planning to point the SCT in this direction at some point...

post-11821-0-69581100-1385411837_thumb.p

• 1 month later...

Sorry it's a bit late Ian only just found this.

Nice shot & as you say not bad for an 85mm, your right in pointing the SCT at this thing, i managed to get all of 20 mins tonight :huh: , it was more of a test than anything but i will certaInly being trying again.

You got a lot of detail in that shot though, some fine whispy dust as well.

Archived