Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Part of the Heart nebula in Ha, another first.

lensman57

Hi,

A very promising start to the evening was ruined by the clouds that were not supposed to have been over here tonight, I could only manage 9 subs in 7 nm Ha of which 8 were used. I could not take any Oiii data due to the clouds. 8 X 600s captured in Neb3, stacked in DSS and processed in StarTools. Atik 314 L @ -20c, Baader 7nm Ha filter, Ascension 8mm ED APO @ F4.8. HEQ5 and Phd guiding. Bias and flat frames but no Darks

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-73025100-1385163690_thumb.p

Nice shot with some very nice detail. Had the same problem with the clouds myself got set up started to image but the clouds rolled in before I could capture any subs ah well such is the nature of this astroimaging lark

Nice shot with some very nice detail. Had the same problem with the clouds myself got set up started to image but the clouds rolled in before I could capture any subs ah well such is the nature of this astroimaging lark

Hi Andy,

Many thanks, The funny thing is that once I packed up and came in was about 10.15 pm by the time I went to bed about 11.30pm it had cleared again but it seemed like there was a lot of minute ice paritcles in the air, the appeal of the warm bed was overwhelming.

A.G

Thank you all very much for your kind words, will have to see if the weather holds up tonight. Although I have overspent well above my target for this hobby, at times like this I wish that I had a camera with a much larger chip, well can't have everything I guess.

Regards,

A.G

Archived