Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars and Saturn

Sam

I saw Saturn for the first time ever today and wow! that has to be the thing I will remember the most - absolutely stunning. And here's my first ever image of Saturn - 350/1000 stacked in Registax.

2998_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

And here's another go at Mars, I think my best one yet:

2999_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

cheers

Sam

Well done Sam, that's a fine looking Saturn for a first time effort. It still looks spectacular, even though the rings are a bit squeezed up now.

Your Mars pic is no slouch either. Fair bit of detail coming out, so all in all you did good, and ought to be happy with it.

Ron. :D

Sam

A nice 'pair' if you will pardon the expression.

Mars looks good especially as it is starting to get more difficult to image. Saturn is a good effort considering it's not quite at its best yet.

I was looking at Saturn last night through my scope and the view was superb.

Excellent stuff.

Geoff

Thanks Guys,

I think I'm starting to get the hang of the all of the software settings etc - well at least roughly anyway. The big thing I learned with the Mars shot is that it's best to have a well collimated scope and to minimize the atmosphere to look through.

cheers

Sam

Archived