Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2008 Grand Canyon Star Party-North Rim Contingent

Astroman

Under New Management!

Yes, I have been drafted volunteered to coordinate the North Rim GCSP with the sponsorship of the Saguaro Astronomy Club. Dates are coincident with the South Rim, June 21-28. Many details are yet to be finalized, as I only got started yesterday, but if you're in The States near Arizona during these dates, we'd love to see you!

We schedule around the dark of the Moon, and the busiest, most populated time for the Canyon.

And yes, it does get dark at night at 36º N lat. (Google Earth coordinates of the porch we set up on are 112º 03' 09.01" W Long, 36º 11' 49.34 N Lat. Elev 8213')

• 5 months later...

After a lot of hard work and scrambling, the party came off with barely a hitch. A more detailed report will come this weekend, but the park rangers and volunteers have told me this was the best one in at least 5 years. I'm very pleased, but quite exhausted. We had no rain, a few nights of exceptional seeing and good crowds throughout.

More, and pics to come.

Archived