Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Comet?

twin-kle1007

Hi all,

Just a quick observation and to see if anyone has any ideas or I.D on what it might be.

I saw an object streak across the sky last night, roughly from North to South as I headed down the M54 towards Wolves, right in front of me.

5.40pm.

Just below the position of the Moon.

Slight green tint as it flashed and seemed to seperate.

I would gauge that this was not an aircraft purely from the speed and then the small flash.

Leaving a very long trail of what looked like smoke that stayed around for about 20 minutes drifting upwards until it was over the position of the Moon and then dissipating eventually.

Any ideas or reports that you know of?

Debris?  Comet burning up?

Sorry for the quality of the pic.  All I had was my phone on me and managed to catch some of the leftover trail in the moonlight.

Obviously curious.

post-12814-0-83286400-1384506044_thumb.j

Many thanks,

Paul

Paul,

I had a very bright Meteor early this morning at around 04:00. It shot from the zenith down towards the eastern Horizon. 

There was also a smoke trail leaving (2 seconds) fizzer a couple of nights ago FROM the eastern sky, up through aries and Andromeda.

We have a couple of ogoing and widely spaced showers at present (One being the N-Taurids) that do not increase the background rate

a huge amount but can produce the odd spectacular Fireballs.  Mostly the bright ones are white or greenish in colour in my experience,

and they can possibly even break up if big enough.

Mick.

Sounds like a fireball, I say a very nice nice one (roughly east) last weekend, perhaps Monday (I forget which) It had a greenish tint to it, was very bright and the tail which was quite wide hung in the air for a moment after it streaked past.

Sounds like a fireball, I say a very nice nice one (roughly east) last weekend, perhaps Monday (I forget which) It had a greenish tint to it, was very bright and the tail which was quite wide hung in the air for a moment after it streaked past.

Monday 11 Nov around 18:07 in the east by chance?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Archived