NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter Oct 30th 2013

Space Cowboy

My first Jupiter images for nearly 2 months though not what I was hoping for.

Note to anyone installing new anti virus software, make sure you check all capture software and cams are working before going out on a imaging session. I didn't only to discover the anti virus (avast) was blocking everything. By the time I got the cams  working all the gear was drenched in dew plus I forgot to connect the primary fan (left this off to begin with so mirror would not dew). Anyhow despite hair drying the secondary  the images were very soft even though seeing was stable.

First image actual size colour image Auto Dob 250 + 3x TV & QHY5L-ll C taken at 6.32am :

gallery_4016_230_42026.png

2nd shot using mono QHY IR 742 (6.22am) combined with above colour shot. 1.5x drizzle downsized :

gallery_4016_230_32441.png

.....a good resumption nonetheless Stuart - we have this *$#@! problem where Norton antivirus deletes the .exe file from Firecapture nearly everyday we go online, but only if you've used firecapture in the morning before you go online later - we have to copy & paste it from the download folder into F/cap..! :(

Time for us to rip all the crud off  including Norton off the capture laptop methinks - and use another for any online stuff.....that should also make all the software on the capture lappy run much better for any processing software also more often! :)

Well at least you've broke the no image Curse. We all know what your images can look like. You just need more luck than you've had so far this year, And I reckon it wont be too long before you get it. Though this waiting game with the weather having weekly wobblers before a night or two calm. Is certainly making it more difficult.

Look forward to seeing what your going to produce in the coming two months. I know it will be seriously better than this, And I know you wont mind me saying that. But without having decent data to play with. your processing looks good.And you have still produced two presentable images.

Hi Stuart.

Good to see you posting some Jupiter images again. Sorry to hear about all the issues though...I can fully understand the frustration as I've encountered similar episodes as most have at one time or another. Keep going and you will be rewarded with some great captures I'm sure. There's plenty of time yet.

Still, considering all the obstacles you had to deal with you have produced a very respectable result. Processing looks good also.

Regards

Pete

Cheers Darryl yep avast seems to have removed a DLL file from EZ Planetary and caused some USB issues which I assume was connected unless that was a coincidence. Used Firecapture instead though my netbook struggles to get above 50fps with FC.

Thanks Neil I wasn't going to bother posting but thought I better had to break the curse lol I had a great run of Saturn shots in June so hopefully Jupiter will come up trumps too. Just when you think you've got this hobby sussed it bites you on the backside!

Cheers Pete yep frustration was certainly the word. You need a cool head when doing this kind of work and going into a mental core meltdown at 5am is not the best situation hence me forgetting to connect the primary fan lol

Archived