Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2" Diagonal to SCT - adaptor cross-threaded

kerrylewis

You could try a strap wrench. I would then get a Baader ClickLock visual back and replace the screw fit connector on your diagonal with a push fit. It never happened to me, but your experience is exactly what I imagined would happen to my kit if I had stuck with the screw fit system.

Yes. The ClickLock system accepts push fit nosepieces. The New WO diagonals come with both. You may be able to get an adapter. Alternatively, there is a ClickLock version that comes with a push fit nosepiece that you can unscrew and then use on your diagonal, provided that the screw threads are the same. It costs about the same as a standard ClickLock. I'll pm the details to you later.

I've been thinking of going all Clicklock having seen such glowing reports on here and maybe this will push me in that direction. I will have to do a bit of studying the FLO website as I must admit I'm slightly confused by all the different connectors. 

Kerry someone had this very same problem about a month ago. The poster put am image of a rubber pipe grip he bought to do the job and they do  not overstress either part :smiley:

I believe they worked a treat, they were from B&Q if I remember correctly

I do wish you the very best of luck with this but I have to say ... How skilfully you've avoided any questions about how it became cross threaded :-)

Seriously though, the rubber pipe wrenches are good or decent grips with rubber glove thingers cut and placed over the jaws may be worth a try

Knobby - i haven't avoided the question! the short answer is I don't know! I was messing around with the scope (collimating etc) and realised that the diagonal was cross-threaded. 

I have ordered the Clicklock attachment as suggested by Mark. I was intending to go the Clicklock route anyway but this has pushed me to do it sooner.

Kerry 

Knobby - i haven't avoided the question! the short answer is I don't know! I was messing around with the scope (collimating etc) and realised that the diagonal was cross-threaded.

I have ordered the Clicklock attachment as suggested by Mark. I was intending to go the Clicklock route anyway but this has pushed me to do it sooner.

Kerry

Hope you get it sorted... Clicklocks are very nice.

Archived