Flight cases

kirkster501

• 2 weeks later...

i picked up one of their flight cases a few weeks ago, £46 including VAT. to me it was ideal. very sturdy and came with a solid foam block. spent a morning tracing my OT and mount, and carved out with a craft knife. does the job.

Yes I've used them as well. I got the same large case for my SW 150 refractor. Used an electric carving knife to cut out the foam. They have some nice 'pelican' style cases reduced at the moment keep forgetting to measure if the larger would let me get my ED80 setup in it.

I had previously been looking at a dedicated flight case for my C9.25, but someone put me onto very large Ikea storage boxes, so I got the largest one that they do. Also put some cheap cushions in for padding and job done. The whole thing then sits inside a large cupboard under our stairs and only cost £30 inc cushions. I don't travel with the scope (it is only set up in my garden which is only 30 feet away), so I don't feet the need to get something more robust.

Archived