Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

what to order to go with my new dob 200p

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The supplied 10mm eyepiece isn't the best - but it is quite usable. You'll learn a lot by comparing it's performance with other eyepieces that you can borrow from friends at your local astronomy group. If you haven't joined one already then do so - you'll find most folks happy to lend you an ep during a session. You'll then get a good idea of what to think about getting next.

Otherwise - I can totally recommend an adjustable stool or ironing chair (especially if you're a tall person) - the 200P dob sits quite low and your back will appreciate it. And as above, a raci and/or Telrad are good investments to make your observing much more pleasant. Hth :)

If you are considering the Telrad I would suggest you think about buying one of the risers that go with it - particularly if you have any problems with backache. I did and it's made looking through it a lot easier

Very sound advice, I found a 4" riser one of the best investments I have made and for the price a "must have".

It took me 8 months before I bought any additional EP's. The 10mm and 25mm supplied are perfect for the scope and for viewing, I personally ended up going for a wider field of view and less magnification for my first EP, as mention previously EP's are a very personal preference and not forgetting expensive, a culmination tool definitely needed and if you haven't already got, then a red light torch and reference material such as a planisphere and book (I use "nightwatch") should be top of the list.

Archived