Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Traveling from Bristol to Northwest of England?

Moonshane

Hi all

I have bought a telescope for my school astro club and have arranged to collect this from the seller at SGL9 as he has

kindly agreed to store it until then. I am trying to keep costs down given the intended use.

However, if anyone is passing by Bristol area and traveling back to the Northwest and willing to being it back for me then the kids can use it sooner and I'd really appreciate it. Two scopes are definitely better than one for a group of 10 kids.

It's a small 6" dob so hopefully can squeeze in easily.

Please send me a pm if you think you can help? If you can help then I can bribe you with some scope time in my garden with my 16" dob, 12" dob or 6" f11 dob and quality eyepieces if it's clear.

Thanks

Shane

Shane - I can provide a staging post if you can find someone coming from Bristol to drop it off in Leicester - then someone else going from the East Mids to pick up Leicester and take it oop narth. Or I could run up to half way between your place and mine with it - say Peak District somewhere...... :)

Your very welcome mate, your doing an amazing job getting kids involved in astronomy, glad I will be able to help in some small way. So I just pick the dob up from Bristol an take to Stockport, simples. I'll let you show me a collimation exercise/demonstration..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to John and Carl, this scope has been dropped off today and will be used (weather permitting) on Wednesday at the first space club of the year at my school. I owe some serious scope time, jaffa cakes and a drink or two at SGL9!

Archived