NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Orion's Sword - Widefield Ha

Hytham

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My girlfriend will always walk by me and say one word to me ; "obsessed" and continue walking on by. She is far too understanding at times. Which leads perfectly into the rest of my post ... I fixed the halo:852716ea-6f3d-4871-9a8e-a45caf75269d_thu

Obsessed?: maybe but this is worth it!!! I'm inspired: going to take a comprehensive winter tour of The Sword next time the moon is down and Orion is high. Images like this are extremely helpful navigational aides to beginners like me :)

Thanks again, everyone.

Something tells me it will not be too long before someone else comes along and sets the new standard. As great as this kit is, it is very low resolution and is highly undersampled - 9 micron pixels at a short focal length for 4.8 asec/pixel.

I have been looking at a secondary set up for higher resolution work to do some hybrid work. Best of both worlds ... now all i need to do is move out of Minnesota to an area that allows for more skies.

Archived