Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can't decide!!

The Titan Calibos

Base for a shed is going in this week or next, can't decide on 6`x6` or 8`x8`. Im gonna go for a keter plastic shed as i already have one for garden equipment, and they are solid and dry and the roof would be light to move on and off.

Also cant decide on best way to adapt the roof, do i hinge the roof along the sides or go the more popular way of sliding on and off. im sure someone on here has gone down the keter shed route already and they were happy with it, so any input or advice would be welcome.

Builders are putting in the base and pier.   would 36"  from the back be enough to walk round?

Yours gratefully,

Calibos.

I used to have one of their garden storage cupboard type sheds. well made and pretty maintenance free, It moved house with us twice. Should be perfect for what you want. Not sure what to advise about the roof, I'd probably hinge it, dont think it will to heavy to open and close. so long as it could be secured well enough in the closed position. The hinged top on our garden store that I mentioned. was for ever blowing open in the wind if the clip wasnt engaged properly.

Regards

John

• 2 weeks later...

Go 8x8,  you can never have enough space!!!!!

Re previous useage of Keter shed as obsy, I recall one appearing on fleabay a short while ago.  Seller there had modified roof to remove it completely for viewing. They were also "happy" to leave a couple of thousand pounds worth of equipment inside when not in use!!, so someone else was OK with their construction and security.

Your pier at 3' from back could be a tad snug, depending on the " build" of the observer and the amount of clothing. :laugh:  If you do go for the 8x8, then the pier in the middle at 4',  would give a more comfortable work/walk space. Bare in mind "a comfortable observer is a good observer!!"

All the best and keep us posted.

Les

Archived