Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon ESO 600D advice please

phw26

I would appreciate your views in selecting a camera for imaging. I am looking at the Canon ESO 600D. I aim to use it either through a laptop or a remote shutter release and attached to a scope or wide angle shots through an attached lens. The flip screen appeals to me which would be useful when imaging at the zenith. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Best DSLR camera for imaging is reckoned to be the 1100D - good sensitivity and low noise and no bells and whistles that aren't wanted for astro imaging.  That's for a dedicated astro camera.

The 600D is a superb camera for astrophotography I have both a standard and a modded version, the flip screen is fantastic and having the iso and display on/off buttons next to the shutter release is perfect for operating in the dark. I recently bought a second-hand 1100D solely for time-lapse imaging and was amazed that it didn't have mirror lock up function which I think is essential if your using long focal lengths.

Mel

I have a mod'd 650D and it is a great camera. I like the flip screen and being able to view it at any angle.

I do not think there is a huge difference between the 600 and the 650, more in the bells and whistles department rather than huge technical differences. I have used mine with Backyard EOS which though it has to be paid for (around $30) it is well worth it as it is Canon dedicated.

Archived