NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Milky Way from the New Forest

Hey guys just had a little play about with three 20 second subs and thats it, stacked them, had a play in DSS and PS CS5, just trying to learn how to use all the programs again where ive been away a while lol, not the greatest but not the worse, only just realised that i mixed ISO's which cant be a good thing, one ISO is 6400, the other 2500 and one 2000..... thought id share my attempt tho

75a82b99-7498-4370-ba8d-5657921f6bc9_thu

hi martin i'd say that both images have clipped black points which has no doubt lost you some data

What do you mean Jake by clipped? i know you are king at processing so will take all the PP tips you can through at me :D

Why is the photo in Monochrome?

its not Mono as such, just the way i adjusted the white balance i think? will have another practice at it when i get a few tips off of jake :D

looking into this more, when it comes out of DSS and then into PS im only getting a black and white color? the RGB is gone? weird

Once you get it into PS from DSS, after you've tweaked levels and curves, try increasing the saturation. Others here will know better, but I find increasing the saturation by about 10 and doing that 5 times or more (iterations) should start to bring out some colour. Wacking up the saturation all in one go usually gives a messy result.

Pete

Archived