Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aurigid meteor shower?

Hi guys,

In my imaging session last night, one of my last images showed like it was being bombarded..

First I thought, a lot of planes suddenly came by.. lol.. but then I saw on close up that there was more to it..

I calibrated just 1 sub of 5 min since the rest of the subs were clean.

Could this be a remnant of the Aurigid meteor shower?

Cheers

Mike

post-24961-0-10526100-1380446770_thumb.j

Some satellites flare as in this photo I took some weeks ago now.

post-21511-0-68188000-1380449585_thumb.j

Just like a cars windscreen will suddenly catch the Sun and it will flare, so will a satellites solar panels. It just depends on when your cameras shutter closes as to what result you get.

They are all (IMO) satellites.

ok thanks.. I was just a bit puzzled because it all happened in one sub..all the hours before there was none of those in my subs.

I thought it to be a bit weird that a bunch of satellites just appeared in one shot, that why I thought it might be meteors  :grin:

The funny looking white dot at the end of some of the trails in the opening image is where the long exposure stops and the satellite becomes a single point of light once again. All of the trails ARE satellites,apart from the really bright one which is an aircraft. I'm amazed at the sheer number of satellites in the image. I counted about 8-9. That's a 5min exposure?.

Archived