NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Spider !!!

gazza63

Evening everyone

Have just noticed, I have a cheeky spider setting up home on my primary mirror. :mad:  How do I go about getting rid of it. The tube is 4ft long, so have no reach to get to it.

Any ideas, anyone (without touching the mirror).

Cheers

I had one set up home in my dob about a year ago. It kept leaving thin wispy webs around the secondary/focuser drawtube area. I went to a star party one weekend and left the end cap off whilst storing it in the tent and I assume it must have crawled out because I was web free after that weekend. Maybe if the vacuum cleaner doesn't work consider coercing the little blighter out with a juicy bluebottle on a stick.

Just beware that here in the SE we have an invasion of false Black Widow spiders which can give you a nasty nip and even kill you with anaphalactic shock if you're allergic to their bites.

Will try to find a link.

Dave

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?source=search_app#q=false+black+widow+spider+bite&tbm=nws

There it is, don't have nightmares :)

Archived