Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finder help

recceranger

Hi all,

I bought a baader steel track for my SW ED80 a while back and have given up trying to mount my issue SW finder scope.  In the main, I have decided I'm not for drilling holes in my tube!

So I am going for a stick on finder but I don't want rubbish that won't be any use.  The Telrad is far to large to fit between the tube rings so its ruled out.  Can anyone help with a few suggestions?

I tried going out the other night without a finder and it was painful!  I even contemplated reverting back to my stock focuser for an easy life but I paid top dollar for the steel track.  By Zeus's balls I'm gonna use it!

Cheers 

Rick

Whilst the Telrad is rather large, have you considered a Rigel QuickFinder. A very similar device to the Telrad but much smaller. I use one on both my scopes due to its size. You should not need the battery pack accessory as the CR2032 batteries used last for quite a long time and are available at very low cost.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Sorry for the delay in responding. FLO has an SW 150mm mounting plate, already drilled with holes, for a tad under £12, if you can make adjustments to your scope ring spacing you will be in business. If under the circumstances you need an extra hole drilling, perhaps a neighbour or friend with an electric drill could help out. Hope you get things sorted :)

Archived