Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

orion 20mm illuminated recticle

faulksy

I had a very similar one, marketed as a 22mm one, but actually a 20 mm (from field stop and AFOV). I used mine in a 70 mm F/5 achromat, and although it showed astigmatism at the field edge, it was highly usable as a finder. These EPs have the widest field stop this illumination system allows (21 mm).

I had a very similar one, marketed as a 22mm one, but actually a 20 mm (from field stop and AFOV). I used mine in a 70 mm F/5 achromat, and although it showed astigmatism at the field edge, it was highly usable as a finder. These EPs have the widest field stop this illumination system allows (21 mm).

so Michael is the price good ?

Hi.

The new price, in the UK is

http://www.scsastro.co.uk/catalogue/orion-20mm-illuminated-centering-eyepiece.htm

I have the TS badged version. Bought 2nd hand a few years back. Nice eyepiece, does what is asked of it. ie: as an illuminated  eyepiece on my various large finders. As with Michael's 22mm version, it has a soft to mushy outer portion, not helped of course by the fast optics of the finders. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Well made and a nice big eyelens, makes for comfortable viewing.

£75 is just about exactly 75% of the new price. For a non top end brand, I myself, would rather be offering about 60%-65% of the new price, or £60-£65. But that's just my personal opinion.

Andy.

Hi.

The new price, in the UK is

http://www.scsastro.co.uk/catalogue/orion-20mm-illuminated-centering-eyepiece.htm

I have the TS badged version. Bought 2nd hand a few years back. Nice eyepiece, does what is asked of it. ie: as an illuminated  eyepiece on my various large finders. As with Michael's 22mm version, it has a soft to mushy outer portion, not helped of course by the fast optics of the finders. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Well made and a nice big eyelens, makes for comfortable viewing.

£75 is just about exactly 75% of the new price. For a non top end brand, I myself, would rather be offering about 60%-65% of the new price, or £60-£65. But that's just my personal opinion.

Andy.

so would I but he let me have it for £70 plus £40 for a 85a/h leasure battery which he said he bought new in January only charged it 2 times along with a battery checker which cost him £40 and he is meeting me half way all for £110 not bad, he said the battery was £85

I'm considering one of these to make it easier to align my finder perfectly central when I'm setting up in the dark.probably not 100% necessary but I like to have everything going for me

They do come in handy at higher magnification and are worth having, the bling factor also helps :grin:

Archived