Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Gas clouds inside IC 1805

johnrt

What with the down time on SGL last night, I had to go and find something else to do with my Saturday night! I managed 4 hours of exposure using the 3nm Astrodon and Atik 314l+ through my Altair Astro 6'RC. The transparency and seeing was pretty poor but the 3nm filter seems to scythe through it all and still delivers some tasty detail.

I think after a while of imaging all the major targets over a couple of seasons you start to develop your own style and preference for imaging, I am really enjoying the focal length of the RC and being able to pull out some nice detail on small features of well known targets that get overlooked in the big picture, then present them in their own right as interesting objects. This, to me, is the most interesting part of the Heart Nebula with it's billowing gas clouds and dust lanes.

Hope you like :) Thanks for looking,

9757069972_9bd3539035_c.jpg

Archived