Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Does APT save raw images onto an SD card?

Russe

I'm just going through last nights shots and I'm utterly shocked and disturbed!!!!

While all my Flats, Darks and Bias have been recorded as raw files (I edited APT's exposure plans to record only as raw), my Lights are all jpg!!! A double set of each exposure of the same size!! I set my lights to raw & jpg - save on camera only!

Nooooooooo!

Anyone had that before???

anuqe3y9.jpg

Here's what it says on my display... but it copies it across as 2x jpg???2e6a4uge.jpg

Hi,

This happened to me once and I blamed APT but it was my fault. I had not set the APT to record as raw in the caprure sequence pane. I think that APT should set the capture mode to raw by default not JPEG. It is after all an astronimy tool not a terreatial one. The focusing aids in particular the FWHM tools are superb though. You can set the APT to write to both PC and camera, if the pc has an sd card it can be written there too.

A.G

A.G

Wonder why it made two jpg's out of my jpg & raw

Russe,

APT have no control on the saving on camera. I mean that you can configure the camera to save Raw+L through APT, but the camera makes the saving itself... As Lensman57 said you have to define RAW+L in the plan editor. The quality set in Camera tab is for single shots only.

I don't have idea why there are duplicated images. Is it possible the card to be almost full?

Russe,

APT have no control on the saving on camera. I mean that you can configure the camera to save Raw+L through APT, but the camera makes the saving itself... As Lensman57 said you have to define RAW+L in the plan editor. The quality set in Camera tab is for single shots only.

I don't have idea why there are duplicated images. Is it possible the card to be almost full?

Thanks,

I understood that. I have APT set up in a way that it records as L and RAW. That wasn't the problem though.

I connected my camera via USB to my lappy and simply opened the 450D under 'my computer' and pulled the images across. They then appeared as 2x jpg, rather than 1x jpg and 1x raw (as they were actually stored on the SD card - which I found out later).

Then I used EOS utilities to download the pictures to my laptop and hear, hear - I had both the jpg and the raw - which I find confusing.

Cheers for trying to help my 2x brain cells.

hy7upeby.jpg

It's very odd - I'm going through my images and every now and then, I find this funny white box. This seems to only have happened with the pics saved onto the comp, not the SD.

Must have to do smth with not enough time to transfer the pic after its shot while running a continuous session.

Maybe giving more time in between shots might help?

Archived