Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Apps

bcfcciderhead

I use Sundroid all the time. It includes information on planets rising and setting, their altitude and azimuth, daily events summary, daily events by time, twilight times, Sun, Moon and planet tracker, monthly calendars, years events. It's an Android app, bust suited to the solar system enthusiast.

For your iPhone there's quite a few good ones.

First, Scope Help is great. Really quick 1 button to get Lat, Long, Height, Sidereal time and Moon Stats. Includes a FOV calc and polar alignment helper.

Second, SkyHarbinger is the App version of the 7Timer website for Astro Weather / Seeing etc.

For pretty it's hard to beat SkyView - good for planets - point your phone it shows you what's around.

Pretty and much more in depth is Luminos - many more objects. Looks similar to Stellarium on the PC.

SkySafari+ is blow your socks off in depth star map - a few quid though.

APOD App - pretty pics every day.

Dark Sky - a semi accurate dark sky map.

Just to mention that Luminos is very useful for working out fields of view and how objects appear in the eyepiece. You can input all your kit and then work out what to use for which objects. It gives magnification, field of view and exit pupil. I prefer SkySafari as a planetarium app, and you can then put up a circle of the correct size to see what objects will look like. Very handy

post-6762-137702029237_thumb.jpg

post-6762-137702030378_thumb.jpg

post-6762-137702031481_thumb.jpg

As you mention, Sky Harbinger is also very useful and well presented.

Cheers

Stu

Hi,

I have probably too many astro apps loaded!

However ones I do refer to include:

Sunspot

Solar Monitor

Jupiter Guide

Messier List

AstroClock

PolarAlign

Moon HD

And the very useful ObserverPro

Regards,

Herrman

Archived