Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

vdB 133, LBN 219, Sh2-106 (The Celestial Snow Angel) in Cygnus

Boren

Hi guys,

I had literally fallen in love with this sky region, and after gathering 5 hours of data on the first night (which was kind of sufficient to bring most of it out), I decided to dedicate the second night out in the desert to it…

This resulted in 10 hours of data, which came out-of-the-box noise reduced, and a treat to process.

On the image itself, I liked very much the fact that the large star at the center-left of the image - 44 Cygni is whiter than most stars that illuminate reflection nebula, and that it may be in front of the nebula as the color is about that of the star rather than blue that is usually seen due to scattering from starlight passing through the dust and gas. The intense red shine of the Celestial Snow Angel (a planetary nebula) completed this rich star field.

Here are the full hi res wide field version –

http://www.pbase.com/boren/image/150722900/original

… and a close up on vdB-133 and LBN-219 as well:

http://www.pbase.com/boren/image/150920344/original

I hope you like it, and any comments are, as always, very welcome.

Cheers,

Harel

post-7784-0-73136900-1376733214_thumb.jp

A white nebula! Fascinating. This one's new to me. The naturally low noise from the long subs really is hard or impossible to replicate with NR however selectively and judiciously you apply it. Lovely stuff.

Olly

Thanks Olly,

Yes, that is so right.

In the army we use to have a saying - hard in training, easy in battle, that is: lots of exposure time, easy processing :-)

Happy you liked it!

Cheers,

Harel

Archived