NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sir Patrick Moore

supernova

Well I have just met Sir Patrick Moore, last night Tuesday, 11/12/07.

At his home, and I can honestly say I will never forget that night.

I had a look through his telescope in his observatory at Mars,

It was a very clear night the view was excellent!!

He is the perfect Gentleman and here is the pick of that very memorable evening.

S5000534.jpg

Here is the picture of his scope looking at mars :embarassed:

S5000533.jpg

And here are my humble offerings as a scope :icon_jokercolor:

S5000503.jpg

Well I am very happy tonight.

Bernie [supernova]

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :laugh::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Your very lucky Bernie to have met THE man, :icon_jokercolor:

I too would like to meet him some day, although being very new to all this I wouldn't have very taxing questions for him but it would indeed be a pleasure none the less!

Clear skies,

Gary

Nice one Bernie. You must be chuffo to bits. How on earth did you swing that.? I live too far away to try and angle my way into his home and Obsy. Who took the fotee of you both together Was it your good lady, or did you have a friend with you.?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am so B****y jealous. :icon_jokercolor::embarassed::rolleyes:

Anyway, well done, you won't forget that night in a hurry.

Ron. :rolleyes:

I have sent off a letter to him, just today, thanks to Wedge for supplying me with the address. He has been my astronomical hero for 50 years, even though I am only 39 years old. I would be delighted to get a reply from him.

Hehehehhe, and who was it said mathematics was not your strongpoint WH, they must have been crazy :rolleyes::icon_jokercolor:

Ron. :embarassed:

I have sent off a letter to him, just today, thanks to Wedge for supplying me with the address. He has been my astronomical hero for 50 years, even though I am only 39 years old. I would be delighted to get a reply from him.

He will I'm sure.

And If he don't I will go round there and tell him to, so there.

Archived