Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Basic Things I just can't master...

Fordos Moon

1. Why can't I successfully align the avi frames of the moon successfully using Registax 5 or 6 they all come out misaligned and blurry?! Using XBox Cam and 200P.

2. Why can I not focus the same equipment on Saturn and Jupiter using Sharpcap all of a sudden? Is it because they are now low down in the sky? I got the attached when Saturn was in opposition early this year.

upy6ure3.jpg

3. Why does my Astronomik CLS filter seem to hamper the data my Canon 1100d collects with the ED80 and focal reducer rather than improve it?

Have you tried AutoStakkert!2 for stacking? Could be worth a go if you're struggling with Registax.

Finding focus for both Saturn and Jupiter may well be far more difficult now than it was for Saturn earlier in the year. Both are low down, as you say, so the light has to travel through far more atmosphere, potentially increasing the amount of distortion and refraction, in turn making focusing more difficult.

James

Yes, PIPP is definitely useful for full-disc lunar and solar imaging, and for planetary imaging (as well as a few other things besides).

For stacking I now tend to use Registax v6 for full-disc lunar and white light solar because it seems to cope better than AS!2 with very large frames (2800 pixels square), but pretty much everything else I stack with AS!2, then perhaps using wavelets in Registax afterwards.

James

Archived