Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Second image om MW over Brum.

This is my second image from last night of the Milkyway taken from my back garden.

This is 12x60sec lights only,no darks.i think i can just make out field rotation on this one but not sure??

ISO 329 f5.6.

Milkyway over Birmingham.

post-23363-0-73027100-1375794901_thumb.j

Wow Dan that looks to be a good program showing some good detail from what i can see,any chance of doing a bigger image.?

I tried all i knew with CS3,which isn't a lot, to bring the detail out but seems i failed miserably again looking at that image now.

Thank you.

Might also be worth considering an LP filter of some sort? I bought a step-down ring for my kit Canon lens to fit a standard astro LP filter. I can't imagine the same thing isn't possible with the D90.

James

upload a bigger image and i will give it a once over :)

Did you just work on the thumbnail in the page, Dan? I only see a small version even if I click on yours. If you click on the posted image so it pops up in a frame then you can save the full size one there -- there's an option in the bottom right of the pop-up window to save it.

James

Might also be worth considering an LP filter of some sort? I bought a step-down ring for my kit Canon lens to fit a standard astro LP filter. I can't imagine the same thing isn't possible with the D90.

James

james were did you get the step down ring to fit a LP filter?

this is the best i can do with my limited skills, it would be a great shot with more subs!!! gradient xtermintor hasn't handled the background very well on this instance but most of the time it does a good job.

post-6284-0-06661700-1375811304_thumb.pn

Well Dan i'm more than happy with that there is quite a bit of detail in such a short time so i will try for longer/more subs next time now i know i can capture it. :laugh:

James-Not sure about the LP filter as we have now got the new lights fitted by us,which i think are helping as i could see stars lower down last night and that one light that used to blind me is gone and been replaced with a new light which i can cope with now.

This was captured in Birmingham? Like huge light pollution Birmingham?

Cracky job, imagine what a filter will do and as Daniel has already mentioned, Gradient Xterminator.

With the LP filter for a 18-55 lens would I just need the SW filter (the 2inch one?) and a 58mm to 48mm step down ring?

Rob.

Archived