Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ho do you attach a 400d to a 200mm explorer

beamer3.6m

I know this has been asked before but I am very confused from the various responses.

How would I attach a Canon 400d to my 200mm explorer.

The explorer has both a 1.25" and 2" adapter and the 1.25" can be removed to attach a DSLR directly but I am unsure how.

I know I will need a T-mount but I am unsure if these are threaded at the non camera end etc.

I also note that you can attach the mount to a 1.25" or 2" adapter but which would I want to use and why.

If you could provide links to the required equipment I would be grateful.

Cheers Steppenwolf but what part screw directly to the scope for the 'Direct SLR connection'.

From the picture of the 1.25" I cannot see that it is threaded to screw onto the actual focuser when you remove the scopes 1.25" focuser adapter.

Cheers

The 1.25" adaptor push - fits into the focusser, just as if it was an eyepiece. The 1.25" adaptor screws onto the Canon T ring, which screws onto the body of the camera. You focus using your telescope focusser and looking through the camera viewfinder or "live view" screen (if your camera has one). This is difficult to do (as what you see is very dim) and can take some time. Another option is using a flip mirror or software on a Lappy, that lets you see the image and focus accurately.

Hope this is what you needed to know.

Tom

But what or how do I use the 'Direct SLR Connection' which is advertised with the scope.

The 1.1/4" (1.25") adapter supplied with the 'scope has a male 'T' thread on it's end - you can thus 'push fit' an eyepiece OR screw on a female 'T' ring adapter such as the one I directed you to and then attach the camera to the bayonet on the other side of the 'T' ring.

Hopefully these photos will explain a bit more.

As Steve said the 1.25" eyepiece adaptor unscrews to allow you to fit the T-ring and camera.

My pictures show an exploded view of the bits and pieces with this eyepiece holder removed.

post-13153-133877334598_thumb.jpg

post-13153-133877334602_thumb.jpg

Sorry I don't get it.

When you remove the 1.25" adapter supplied with the scope by unscrewing it you are left with a hole which has a thread on the inside.

What screws onto this thread as from I can see in the photos there is no thread on the outside of any of the adapters suggested.

Sorry to be thick but I just don't get it, even the pictures left me confused.

Couple more pics for you.

First shows the eyepiece holder partially unscrewed the second shows this leaves you with a female thread on the inside which was where the eyepiece holder was attached and a male thread on the outside where you attach the T-ring.

BTW the parts shown all came as standard when I bought my 200 Explorer 18 months ago.

post-13153-133877334605_thumb.jpg

post-13153-133877334611_thumb.jpg

Hopefully these photos will explain a bit more.

As Steve said the 1.25" eyepiece adaptor unscrews to allow you to fit the T-ring and camera.

My pictures show an exploded view of the bits and pieces with this eyepiece holder removed.

Thats how I mount my 300D :icon_jokercolor:

I'm sure from memory using the 1.25 fitting caused me in focus problems on the 250PX.

Archived