NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First HST image.

kingboya

Well, I managed 2 hours of 10mins subs of Ha the other night, but couldn't resist processing my limited SII and OIII data, only 30mins of each, and creating my first hubble pallete.

This was really only done with cs5, and I think I have created a slightly overpowering red hue to the image.

Obviously what I need is more data, and less extreme stretching of limited data, but thoughts please.

I am loving narrowband now! :lol:

Well, I managed 2 hours of 10mins subs of Ha the other night, but couldn't resist processing my limited SII and OIII data, only 30mins of each, and creating my first hubble pallete.

This was really only done with cs5, and I think I have created a slightly overpowering red hue to the image.

Obviously what I need is more data, and less extreme stretching of limited data, but thoughts please.

I am loving narrowband now! :lol:

Well here is the image lolpost-19531-137447495582_thumb.jpg

hi kingboya

great first image!

i have to as...did u image the 0111 during moonlight? i as as i have been getting problems processing.

cheers

bob

Interesting you say that. I did shoot the OIII and SII during moonlight, but it was low in the south west.

I wouldn't have thought it matters though shooting narrowband with moonlight?

One thing I have noticed though is that the OIII signal is very weak. I will get loads hopefully Wednesday night. SII was better. Obviously bucket loads of Ha! :D

please forgive me for putting my image on your thread....but your image is a new york mile better than mine....and i cant uderstand why theres sooo much difference, as i shot 19x11 min Ha and 17x14 min 0111.

why so grainy and blotchy....not like your smooth image.

once again...please pardon the 'hijack'.

bob

post-3512-0-21129500-1374522230_thumb.jp

please forgive me for putting my image on your thread....but your image is a new york mile better than mine....and i cant uderstand why theres sooo much difference, as i shot 19x11 min Ha and 17x14 min 0111.

why so grainy and blotchy....not like your smooth image.

once again...please pardon the 'hijack'.

bob

No problem about the hijack! :D

I noticed that when I stretched my 30mins of OIII, that it was very grainy or noisy. Nevertheless, I created the image, and ran one or two passes with noise ninja in cs5, and that helped loads. I read your thread regarding imaging OIII under a moon, and was surprised to hear that that can be very problematic.

No problem about the hijack! :D

I noticed that when I stretched my 30mins of OIII, that it was very grainy or noisy. Nevertheless, I created the image, and ran one or two passes with noise ninja in cs5, and that helped loads. I read your thread regarding imaging OIII under a moon, and was surprised to hear that that can be very problematic.

many thanks for that. most enlightening.

i shall be getting photo ninja later today hopefully.

any ideas as to why there is sooo much noise in the 0111 as apposed to the Ha?

cheers

bob

many thanks for that. most enlightening.

i shall be getting photo ninja later today hopefully.

any ideas as to why there is sooo much noise in the 0111 as apposed to the Ha?

cheers

bob

Pure speculation really, but the Ha signal is much stronger than the OIII, and the more data you get, the less noise there is, so that may be a factor? Also, this moon factor may be significant?

I don't really know.I am just going to get loads of OIII data and see what the difference is. :D

thanks kingboya....this has been a most enlightening thread. i think that there are a number of factors....quality of optics, moonlight, processing and noise. have just bought noise ninja....please see my ammended version here...still not up to yours, but its a start!

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/191012-ic1396and-noise-ninjayeah-haaa/

cheers

bob

thanks kingboya....this has been a most enlightening thread. i think that there are a number of factors....quality of optics, moonlight, processing and noise. have just bought noise ninja....please see my ammended version here...still not up to yours, but its a start!

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/191012-ic1396and-noise-ninjayeah-haaa/

cheers

bob

That is looking much better. Well done! I think for both of us now, it is a case of more data, and therefore less noise! Really nice image :D

Archived