Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wowed them with Saturn on the campsite!

Phil Fargaze

Spent the weekend camping with the school parents association and I had about an hour before Saturn set below the trees. It's a pity I only had room for my spare 6" dob with an old mirror but it still managed to get the rings showing nicely. Anyway, I soon had parents and kids alike taking in their first view of the ringed wonder and it did not fail to impress!

Well done Phil on the outreach, nice one.

On another note, you've obviously cracked the packing for camping thing. I have an estate car with a 470L roof box and we don't have room for a deep breath in our car, never mind a 6" telescope!

Barry

Well done Phil on the outreach, nice one.

On another note, you've obviously cracked the packing for camping thing. I have an estate car with a 470L roof box and we don't have room for a deep breath in our car, never mind a 6" telescope!

Barry

The campsite is only 10 miles away so I filled my Kangoo van to the hilt and my wife followed on with the kids, and more stuff!

If only I could have taken the 10" dob, I might have been able to resolve the Cassini Division as well.

If the moon was about I would have been on that too. I remember showing the Moon to the local Brownie pack once and they were amazed by it.

Archived