Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1318

gingergeek

Hi,

After tweaking my spacing a little to get in the optimum 55-56mm lens to sensor distance I decided to check it out and practice my focusing so here is 13*10 minute subs of the IC1318 area around Sadr in Cygnus (suggested by Steppenwolf).

All registered, stacked and basic processing in Pixinsight. My polar alignment was off so that's the next thing to do better at next time !

9268550028_e9ab3b1d28_b.jpg

Mark,

Thankyou for the comment, it's still a steep learning curve for me and Pixinsight is another steep curve I have yet to start to climb. This area is really calling out for a mosaic but I will wait until I have a pier in the garden to attempt that.

GG

Looks like you have that well and truely nailed Mark. The focus looks spot on, super detail and that sometimes troublesome bright star is very well controlled with no sign of a halo. Great image - Well done!!

Sara thankyou, I would have pushed for 3hrs+ but I suspect I was approaching a meriden flip which I've never experienced before and I didn't want any damage done to the kit whilst unattended, it would be useful to be able to predict when one is required.

Tonight I will focus on polar alignment but I'm unable what object to target next, this object was suggested by Steppenwolf.

That's darned good. No messing. Contrast, detail and naturally low noise. Super. Well done on focus, too.

I have an infallible way of predicting the need for a flip. I sit there with a glass of wine, a vacant expression, and I watch the mount...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.... Oh SH.....

Olly

Thanks Olly, that means a lot coming from you ! I have not applied any noise reduction just a straight screen transform, DBE and a bit of local histogram maybe. I'm still not sure how to determine if a flip is needed (from the position of the weights/scope) or even how to initiate one, I guess google is your friend in this situation.

Archived