SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

White light Sun, 8th July

JamesF

The horror! Today I saw some cloud! Didn't stop the temperature reaching something like 32C though and my poor 450D was reporting 44C at the sensor :( Regardless of the cloud I had an easy run after lunch and processing was just a breeze. Could do with more of those here, to be honest. It's absolutely sweltering here in Bordeaux and the forecast is for it to get hotter. Not that I'm complaining. It's a real pleasure to be able to take one's time over imaging rather than rushing to capture something before the opportunity is lost.

sun-2013-07-08-small.png

120 frames of 1/1000th @ ISO100, 450D and 127 Mak, preprocessed with PIPP and 39 stacked using Registax v6.

James

Very nice James, 32C eh, just what Mrs DrRobin likes, all washed down with a glass of Bordeaux.

Not sure about that to be honest. It's all rather sultry here. I reckon it's only in the last half hour or so dropped to a "non-sweaty" temperature and humidity. We had to put the red wine in a bucket of water just to get it down to a drinkable temperature, too.

James

Another lovely crisp shot sir ... :laugh:

Could it have been the tiny fluffy I saw in the distance yesterday ... :p ... just the one ... !

Just waiting for the thin stuff to burn off here , forecast for another scorcher so hope it's not too long clearing .

( PS , still a little dark round the edges on my screen... )

Sacreblue! The red wine in a bucket of ice? It has been hot here today, 29.2C shade temperature at 5:30pm, according to my weather station.

Robin

Getting well into the mid-30s here, and very sticky with it. There's been a bit more of a breeze today which has been very pleasant. Looking at the forecast the temperatures are set to drop a three or four degrees over the next few days (though it should still be sunny, apparently). I for one won't be complaining.

James

Archived