Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First go at imaging not very good though part 2

Ok I hope I've got it right and the image is there this time as I said in my previous post had a bash at imaging last night for the first time tried imaging Saturn with my Philips webcam that I've had for a while I done this with manual guiding on my Skywatcher 150mac about 2000 frames then mucked about on Registax 5.1 Its not very good but maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

All comments would be helpful and welcomed.

Thanks again Robbie

post-13889-0-24765900-1373232861_thumb.j

Hi robbie welcome to the slippery sliding slope of astro imaging. Great first effort my fist Saturn was a blurred dot lol, did you play about with he wavlet filters in registax? Look for a few tutorials on you tube about processing in registax

Hi robbie welcome to the slippery sliding slope of astro imaging. Great first effort my fist Saturn was a blurred dot lol, did you play about with he wavlet filters in registax? Look for a few tutorials on you tube about processing in registax

Thanks for that yeah I did play with Registax but if I'm honest I didn't really know what I was doing :grin: I did have a look on you tube there's a good one from the guy at Astronomy Shed I just tried to follow what he was doing

Hi Robbie

having looked in detail at the image, your Saturn is only about 70 pixels across. At this size you are not capturing enough detail (information) for stacking / wavelet processing.

As such your image is about as good as you can get it, so well done for that.

To get a larger image (more information) you will need to use a barlow lens.

If guiding manually this will introduce more problems as the magnification is upped and the image will be more difficult to keep steady.

Paul

Thanks for that Russe will try that out

Hi Robbie

having looked in detail at the image, your Saturn is only about 70 pixels across. At this size you are not capturing enough detail (information) for stacking / wavelet processing.

If guiding manually this will introduce more problems as the magnification is upped and the image will be more difficult to keep steady.

Paul

Cheers for that Paul I will give it a go I have a 2x Celestron and a 3x tal

Don't be disheartened at all by that image, the rings are visible and I think theres almost a good band visible on the planets surface, so a great first attempt :)

Thanks Mattscar most appreciated

Hi Robbie

Paul

thats the one i learned from i have posted my best image of saturn below using the same techniques i learned in that video, the only thing holding me back is equipment lol

8938141936_fb73ec05cc.jpg

Saturn 23/06/13 by Gareth Harding, on Flickr

thats the one i learned from i have posted my best image of saturn below using the same techniques i learned in that video, the only thing holding me back is equipment lol

8938141936_fb73ec05cc.jpg

Saturn 23/06/13 by Gareth Harding, on Flickr

That's a great image Paul I'm going to give it another go will use my barlow this time not sure if to use the 2x or 3x might start with the 2x then try the 3x

Archived