NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSLR field of view software?

A few weeks ago I remember seeing something on an astronomy forum about a piece of software for astrophotography using a DSLR. My recollection was it gave you that gave you views of what different objects would look like through different camera/lens/telescope combinations. – a bit like CCDcalc. I can’t for the life of me remember where I saw it.

Any ideas?

That's what CCDcalc does - you just put in the sensor parameters for your DSLR (some are preloaded) and it gives you a picture of an object with the fov marked over it. I don't know of another one, unless it is really new?

Nifty piece of software. :)

So many of these things seem to... randomly disappear. Reducer formulae, Barlow Calculations, Nyquist (or not). No bad thing to have a collaborative project in SGL to write (maintain) web utilities for these various tasks. Too old now (LOL), but some of you "young turks" of programming. <hint> :p

You can also put the sensor details in the Stellaruim Oculars Plug-In.

Lets you see the FOV for the camera , CCD , Webcam with all your scopes at the click of a button ( once you've put the OTA details in too )

Also takes EP details.

Archived