NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

multiple finder mount

Hey

Does anyone know of a product that will allow me to mount my existing finderscope alongside a red dot finder? I am getting on fine with the finderscope but sometimes miss the red dot finder; I can't always see the cross hairs in the finderscope.

cheers

Oh, it's a Skywatcher StarTravel 102 refractor so I can't mod the tube at all. Maybe something that would mount on the existing shoe?

cheers

Why can't you mod the tube?

I have done that with several refractors ( including a Skywatcher Evostar 102), just by removing the focusser, drilling a couple of holes and then bolting a finder shoe to the tube.

Alternatively you could fit a Telrad which is light enough to be held in place by adhesive strips.

Regards

Richard

Cheers alanjgreen for the link and to you guys for the sage counsel! The £49 needs to go in my Dew heater fund.

I have a bracket on my old defunct newt so I could try drilling to fit it for the rdf or even glue/bonding tape on the tube just to try it first.

Christoph

For a temporary fix it might be worth trying the double sided tape used to fix car number plates, about £3 at Halfords.

Now that is a good idea. Cheers dude.

A finder shoe will cost, I believe, something in the order of £7, which you can permanently glue, or use double sided tape to fix to the scope, if you subtract two shoes from the SCAstro bkt that leaves £35 for a mounting stem, a bit OTT in my view, you can almost add to the ep range for the price of that accessory :)

Archived