Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Glatter Tublug

They are very highly aclaimed apparently and I did look at one myself but went for a cheaper option in the end. There is no doubt the tublug and associated laser are fantastic quality but it was down to cost with me.

They are very highly aclaimed apparently and I did look at one myself but went for a cheaper option in the end. There is no doubt the tublug and associated laser are fantastic quality but it was down to cost with me.

On a curious note, what was the cheaper option?

Oh and thanks for the reply.

Ally

On a curious note, what was the cheaper option?

Oh and thanks for the reply.

Ally

hi Ally, the alternative I got was this http://www.firstlightoptics.com/collimation/baader-laser-collimator.html which I find great and simplicity to use.

You will need to make a collimation jig for it as for all lasers and it might be a little trickier than for a plain laser and this is an odd shape but nothing too difficult.

Steve

hi Ally, the alternative I got was this http://www.firstlightoptics.com/collimation/baader-laser-collimator.html which I find great and simplicity to use.

You will need to make a collimation jig for it as for all lasers and it might be a little trickier than for a plain laser and this is an odd shape but nothing too difficult.

Steve

I purchased a Baader laser coli at the I.A.S. in May. Should it need collimating already? I would hope not.

How did you make a jig and where are the colli screws?

Regards

Ally

Hi Ally. I am reading up on this Baader collimator and apparently you don't collimate it. It doesn t fall out of collimation as far as i can gather. I will check some more cos this isn't sounding right

I had a Baader laser collimator that did loose it's collimation. It's quite awkward to make a jig for it as it's not symmetrical. After some fiddling I did manage to get it back into collimation again. I now use one of the low cost Revelation laser collimators, collimated to within and inch of it's life and used with a barlow which is a great technique for getting the primary tilt correct.

John. Did you have a mark III. If not, what version did you have and where were the collimation screws located as I have found nothing on the mark III one that I have. There are two small holes next to the laser aperture but there doesn't appear to be anything else.

I had the Mk II. The collimation hex screws were set into the heavily ridged section. On the Mk III this section is replaced by a rubber grip covered section - I guess the collimation screws could be under that rubber grip.

The rubber grip appears to be non-removeable. If you read the manual here http://www.telescope.bg/pdf/lasercolli.pdf (bottom page 3, top page 4), to me it appears to say that it does not require collimation as long as it is correctly inserted although I am a little unsure if my interpretation is correct.

Anyone got any thoughts on this or own personal experience of the Makrk III.

ps Ally, sorry for hijacking your thread a little but its all to do with your question about this Laser. hope you don't mind.

Steve

The rubber grip appears to be non-removeable. If you read the manual here http://www.telescope.bg/pdf/lasercolli.pdf (bottom page 3, top page 4), to me it appears to say that it does not require collimation as long as it is correctly inserted although I am a little unsure if my interpretation is correct.

Anyone got any thoughts on this or own personal experience of the Makrk III.

ps Ally, sorry for hijacking your thread a little but its all to do with your question about this Laser. hope you don't mind.

Steve

I have absolutely no objections to my thread being 'hijacked'. I would very much like an answer to this too. Hopefully someone can help.

Ally

Hi Ally. it appears the Baader mk III does not get collimated http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/189367-baader-mark-iii-laser-collimator-how-do-you-collimate-the-collimator/ and if it goes out you need to send it back to them for fixing. Wish i had known that from the out otherwise I might have thougt twice

You and me both. Nevermind, think I'll go with the Barlowed laser method.

Clear skies

Ally

Archived