Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Do I need a nail gun?

Bizibilder

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you do go for a nail gun (and hiring seems a much better proposition than buying), please remember to get the protective gear for it. If a nail / brad hits something inside the plank it could come back at you, or throw splinters up. At the very least use eye protection. And make sure you know where your feet and other hand are too. :BangHead:

If you do go for the traditional method and want to same your thumbs, try something like this: detectable-detectamate-group.jpg

I used a Tacwise type air nailer to fix all the shiplap on my obsy. I used 40mm staples instead of brads and they hold very well. I didn't like the idea of all the nail heads showing and hammer rash around each one by fixing in the traditional way.

I haven't had any problems with any pulling out or rusting. They also allow any boards to be removed easily at a later date should they need replacing for any reason.

I have a large "Paslode" gas powered framing gun, I also have a spirit level with a nail hole through it from holding it against a timber upright while I tried to fire it on, still at least I missed my hand .

Take care out there people :)

Dave

Archived